Sunday, July 20, 2008

Super Encouraging

I had a really neat experience the other night. We went to the mall (just the 5 of us bule bule...no translator) to do a little shopping and get some dinner. We also decided to see the new batman movie and so we had like an hour to kill before the movie started and so I was just chilling outside the theater in the mall and this indonesian guy comes up next to me and starts talking to me. At first I can't understand what he is saying because it is super loud, but eventually we get to talking and I can understand most of what he is saying (he spoke pretty good english). We first just kinda made small talk about school and stuff and then out of no where he asks me if I am a christian which was funny because I was going to ask him the same thing in a minute. Well, I say yes, and then I asked him if he was and he said yes. Then he asked me my testimony and I shared that with him and then he shared his with me. Then we started talking about sin and being what they call a KTP (Kaw-Tay-Pay) christian, which is someone who professes Christ but has no fruit and doesn't live like a christian. He asked me if I thought such a person was a christian and stuff. Then he told me he was at the mall with some other people from his church witnessing. It was really neat and really encouraging to get to talk with him about that stuff and it was also great to know that the local people are doing evangelism as well. So, the Lord is at work here in Indonesia and it is SO COOL to have been able to see that!

1 comment:

brittany said...

That is so cool!! I know for myself sometimes I forget that God is the same God to all people, and He has always been the same!
Cool Story, thanks for sharing!!