Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Interesting Time of Life

Well, I've graduated, I've gone overseas and shared the gospel, and now the time has come for me to move on with life post-college. The only problem is...I don't know where to go. Yup, pretty clueless right now. Not gunna lie either...it stinks...well kinda. It stinks cuz I feel so helpless but I take comfort in Paul's words from 2 Cor. 12:9-10:

"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecuations, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

So, in actuality I'm not that bad off. All I have right now is the Lord, and that's not such a bad place to be at...in fact, there is no where else I'd rather be but in my Father's hands. James says that we are perfected through trials. In Psalm 32 David says that the Lord will instruct me in the way I should go. Jeremiah 29:11 says that the Lord knows the plans he has for me. After that he goes on to say that they will seek the Lord and that they will find Him when they seek for Him with all their heart. Lamentations 3:22-25 says,

"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'thereforeI have hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."

I know that the Lord is faithful. He has proven it time and time again in my life. Deut. 7:9 says,

"Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments."

So, though I don't know what I am supposed to be doing right now, the Lord does. And my God is a great God and I know nothing is impossible for Him and my "problems" aren't problems for Him. Therefore I rest in the knowledge that the Lord will guide me and lead me on level paths and that in my weakness His power will be perfected. In know that through this He will be glorified and in that will be my joy. So, I wait on Him, as patiently as I can, and pray that I would know Him more clearly and glorify Him more greatly through this time in my life.

Here is my prayer:
Let me learn that the cross precedes the crown, To be low is to be high, That the valley is where you make me more like Christ! Let me find Your grace in the Valley Let me find Your life in my death Let me find Your joy in my sorrow Your wealth in my need That you're near with every breath in the Valley.

1 comment:

Brandon and Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing Bryce. We are definitely understanding some of your feelings! It's so encouraging that you've been in the word so much and allowing God to work through this time. Please continue to keep us updated!
We miss you down here!