Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bule Bule

That’s what they call us here: bule (boo-lay). It means white man. Our time here has been very eventful already. Dain had to go home because of an infection, Andrea had to go to the hospital a couple of days ago (but is out of the hospital now and is doing much better now), my stomach is torn up, and Anthony’s stomach is beginning to bother him as well. All in less than a week. Despite all this though, we are loving it here. The people are wonderful. They are very very kind.

The past 2 days we have been on a retreat up in the mountains with a church here. It was a really good time. It was a little hard to determine the spiritual atmosphere there since we couldn’t really understand what was going on all that well all the time, but I do believe we were able to impact the kids. During the time there we were split into teams and did activities and went hiking and showed the kids how to play frisbee. We also introduced them to smore’s. They seemed to like them. I definitely ate like 3 and payed for it this morning. My stomach didn’t appreciate that much food with how it is feeling. Oh well...it was worth it. J

Tomorrow, we are going to be doing a vacation bible school for two days with a local church here. Pray that that goes well.

The people here definitely don’t see many white people. We get stared at all the time. Today I had some guy come up and get like 5 inches from my face and just stare at me for a few seconds and then walk away. It is pretty funny, but definitely testing my personal bubble. They don’t really have personal space here, so that is taking a little getting used to.

Prayer requests: Health. Our team is definitely not very healthy as I wrote earlier. Please pray for the Lord’s healing grace upon our bodies. We need it. Focus on God. We are really busy and I am having a hard time finding time to spend alone with Him which I desprately need and want. Pray that I will be able to find that time, and the time that I do have with Him will be blessed and fruitful. Terima Kasih (thank you).

No comments: