Monday, April 7, 2008

Waiting...

It seems as though everything in my life is unknown right now. I'm graduating college in about three weeks and the infamous "what are you going to do now" question is being met with some major eye rollage. I always tell people that I'm not sure. I've come to realize though that what I'm going to be doing is just waiting on the Lord. I don't know what the Lord is going to do with my life, but I'm just letting Him have it all and am learning to wait patiently on Him for His best and His timing in all things. I feel like the Lord is telling me that over the next year things will become a whole lot more clear and He will reveal all I need to know when I need to know it. I am trying to live by Philippians 4:6-7 which says,

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I have hope in Christ and I know that He knows all things and that He upholds all things. He is the Alpha and the Omega and there is no one like Him. The Lord says to Job,

"Have you ever in your life commanded the morning, and caused the dawn to know its place that it might take hold of the ends of the earth and the wicked be shaken out of it." OR "Have you understood the expanse of the earth? Tell Me if you know all this." OR "Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, or loose the cords of Orion? Can you lead forth a constellation in its season, and guide the Bear with her satellites?"

Our Lord is GREAT!!!! Who can compare to Him? That is what I have peace in. That is what I rest in. I abide in Christ and trust in Him. I abide in the Lord of the earth and the creator of all things...to Him be all honor and praise and glory forever. May I ever and always moment by moment abide in Him and find the peace that He gives. Where can I go from His presence and besides, there is no where else that I would rather be.

1 comment:

Becca said...

"This is what I have peace in. This is what I rest in." Oh Bryce. Such true words. Your post was really a reminder that I needed right now...Thanks :)