Saturday, April 19, 2008

No Room for Sin

One of the verses that the Lord has given me as I walk through this life and one that I cling dearly to is I John 3:5-6:

"You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him."

In Christ there is no sin and if I abide in Him, I will not sin. I found a great quote by the Puritan John Owen:

"When someone sets his affections upon the cross and the love of Christ, he crucifies the world as a dead and undesirable thing. The baits of sin lose their attraction and disappear. Fill your affections with the cross of Christ and you will find no room for sin."

How true that is. When we fill our thoughts and desires with Christ, there is absolutely no room for sin. How wonderful this is. Sin loses its attraction and Christ fills our hearts completely with Himself. We are His temple...may His glory dwell therein.

1 comment:

Holly Stavness said...

So convicting! How I long to abide in Christ! May sin be less and less attracting and the cross become more everyday!